Spiritual Trek to the remote Lands of the Q'eros to receive Ancestral Inca Initiations
DURATION : 4 days
DATE : Come and experience the incredibly powerful moonlight energy in the magical Andes,
We can organize this journey on the dates most convenient for you (min 5 – max 14 participants. Smaller groups can be arranged at extra cost)
COST : starts at $ 490
The cost of the journey depends on the number of people. (you can include 1 day at Machu Picchu at additional cost)
Experience a different reality and receive the introduction to ancient Inca initiations from a Q’ero Master. Are you ready to awaken the explorer within you, that wants to traverse very special off-the-beaten-tracks parts of the planet, its ancient cultures and teachings?
Are you open to the newness of such an experience, one that means seeing life from a completely different perspective?
Do you wish to return to the most ancient of all ceremonies: sharing through the power of story, invigorating through wisdom and loving through a simple smile of the Q’ero people?
Are you prepared to reach new heights, both physically and spiritually, trekking for 3 days at over 4,000 m altitude in the Peruvian Andes, to have the mountain-top experience you have been desiring for so long?
Then we invite you to join us on this mystical journey to the community of the Q’eros people and the living, breathing reality of the Andean Cosmovision!
The Q’ero community is made up of five tiny villages, all comprised of humble stone houses in the Peruvian Andes. Collectively, the community is home to ca. 600 people and 6000 llamas and alpacas. They have remained mostly isolated for the last 500 years with limited contact with the Peruvian government and church. Their remoteness allowed them to preserve the ancient knowledge that they acquired directly from the Incas.
The translation of Q’ero is “Sacred Glass”, and is a tool that is used formally in rituals. It signifies the acquisition of knowledge.
The meeting of such an untouched indigenous community is a rare and inspirational experience. Ceremonies, along with daily life, are pure and far removed from anything we might know from our modern civilizations. It is a chance to perceive Pachamama through the eyes and hearts of the Q’ero, and to understand the ways in which they interact with each other and the Earth. Despite the harsh and basic conditions that they live in, sharing with the Q’ero people is heart-opening and enlightening.
This journey gives you a unique opportunity to take part in the devotional practices of the Q’ero, which include devotion to Pachamama, as well as ancestral initiations. We will receive an introduction to ancient rites, such as the Hatun Karpay (Great Initiation) and the Nusta Karpay (Seven Goddesses Rites), which the Q’eros have practiced since the Inca Empire, and are still the only ones preserving these traditions.
The Great Initiation (Hatun Karpay) takes place over two hour sessions that involve opening the heart (Munay), opening the third eye (Yanchay), and opening the energetic stomach (Llankay).
These initiation rites are like portals into awakening, quickening and amplifying the process of spiritual growth.
Would you like to know more? Please visit our information section or click on the following links:
- Pick up in Pisaq/ Cusco
- Drive to Okongate (3 hours drive)
- Coca Leaf Reading
- Despacho (offering to Pachamama) to request blessings and permission for the journey
- Dinner and accommodation at cozy Qeros guesthouse with beautiful views of the Sacred Mountain Ausangate
- Drive (3 hours) to the high mountain village Perki
- Trek (5 – 6 hours) to Q’eros village and ceremony of Despacho
- Local Q´eros dinner and sleeping in tent under the stars and full moon
- Energizing breakfast
- Hike to a powerful mountain (2 hours) for the Great Initiations (Hatun Karpay)
- Lunch picnic in beautiful mountain scenery and hike back to the Q’eros village
- Receive the Nusta Karpay (Seven Goddess) Initiations
- Local dinner and sleeping in tent accompanied by the sounds of absolute silence
- Local breakfast
- Trek to the Q´ero village Cochamocco (2.5 hours) to access the closest road
- Drive to the town Paucartambo for lunch and final sharing circle
- Transport back to Cusco
- Guided trek across breathtaking mystical landscapes to the remote Q’ero villages in the High Andes
- 2 days of purification and sacred ceremonies and initiations with a Q’ero maestro
- Translation for the exchanges with the Q’eros
- 3 nights accommodation (1 night in Q’ero home, 2 nights camping in the high Andes) and vegetarian meals
- Camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pads)
- Rental of horses for transportation of goods
- Horse ride (for yourself or your backpack) to the Q’eros community can be arranged at additional cost of 80 USD each way
- All transportation from Cusco
- Happy vibes and regular sharing circles
The Q’eros are living in very remote villages located at almost 5,000 meters altitude, so it is very important to be in good physical conditions and come well equipped – we will send you all the necessary information via e-mail upon booking.
During the journey we will provide food, camping equipment if needed (tents, sleeping bags) and horses to transport equipment and food (transport of backpacks – or yourself can be organized at additional cost).